What's The Scoop?

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2019 12:54 PM  #1

Forums are outdated

I believe that the reason why the infamous Topix forums were brought down is because there were too many trolls just roasting & trolling ppl. However, forums are dated and we got social media now. Unless you are a troll & want to remain anonymous, then forums are prefect for you.

August 21, 2019 1:53 PM  #2

Re: Forums are outdated

Crystalblue wrote:

I believe that the reason why the infamous Topix forums were brought down is because there were too many trolls just roasting & trolling ppl. However, forums are dated and we got social media now. Unless you are a troll & want to remain anonymous, then forums are prefect for you.

Yes, Facebook groups are easier to control trolls on, did you post on Topix?

March 28, 2020 8:53 AM  #3

That was what made Topix popular in my area. People could rant or tell people what they thought of them anonymously.They also could say what they honestly thought of local businesses to inform others.

March 28, 2020 8:54 AM  #4

That was what made Topix popular in my area. People could rant or tell people what they thought of them anonymously.They also could say what they honestly thought of local businesses to inform others.

August 25, 2020 5:22 AM  #5

We can make as many forums as we want. The reason it hasnt been split yet is because we only have an official release of the RM Apple devices app. Weve been holding off adding a forum for something we dont offer yet. Ill speak to the RootsMagician about this though.

September 6, 2020 12:10 PM  #6

Texas Pete may or may not be aware that his forum "Topix Too" on smfnew.com is being used by at least one hacker, possibly more, to gain access to his forum members' computers and steal their personal data. The matter has been reported but not resolved.

March 6, 2021 2:44 PM  #7

The forums are open.

Dont be discouraged if the forums are slow to get going - just keep checking back and remember Moms advice; "If you want to get a letter, you need to write a letter."

May 22, 2021 10:58 AM  #8

Hi everyone,

The forums are now back up and running. The same internet worm that has attacked many other forums also brought ours down temporarily. But everythings now back up. We may have lost a few posts in the transition, so if you see something missing, please re-post or let me know. Otherwise, welcome back

Board footera